Wednesday, March 30, 2005

New York State of Mind

In Norwalk Hospital Psychiatric ward, my best friend currently sits. Coming, what ever it was that has come (I have researched on the internet but dont really know) she has caught or developed or grew, I cant say I saw it.
Though when I spend the time (believe me I have) I can pick about pieces of the last 25 years and say I saw it coming. It came on so fast but then it has been developing for a long time.

This (psychotic breaks) seems to be happening more and more often. We are fragile, fragile conflageration of cells. We as a society are falling about physically and mentally.

With Karen we can blaim in on many things but we can't blaim it on New York. When another friend of mine ended up in the nut house over a year ago the easiest target in that case was New York. Not the state. More like the New York State of Mind. When that young fellow was sprung loose from six weeks in the loony bin he was more determined then ever to stay in New York. But this determination waned and he started to hate this retchid cesspool

There is the long ago past. i.e growing up with an alcoholic father
There is the recent past. i.e breaking up with her boy friend who she lived with for 6 years.

To make the long story short last saturday she fell into a deep dark pool of paranoia.
Everybody was in on the plot. Her friends her family her coworkers were all plotting against her. Even the doctors (eye doctor) were violating her rights. It got me thinking that everybody has dipped there toes in the paranoia pool from time to time. I myself have but then forces of logic have pulled me out.
But last weekend Karen was full- on, full- body, skiny- dipping in the big black soupy pool of paranoia

1 comment:

Ian Hefele said...

Well put jess, I like the metaphor. How is she doing? What do you think is wrong?