Saturday, January 29, 2005

My story

A couple days a go I receive a call from my husband telling me he's coming over friday night. (it's a shame of a marraige, I asure you a marraige of convience that is getting damn inconviencent) I have not seen him for about a month, only evidence of him. Like an empty chinese food carten, an empty bottle of Colt 45)
He has not been around for a reason, because he was around too much, meaning every night and all day for months and months and months. Boyfriend kicked him out right after Thanksgiving because boyfriend felt I needed more privacy. So sensitive of boyfrind to do that because husband and boyfriend used to be best friends. (that is the only reason why I married husband). And there was a time when I was calling husband boyfriend's boyfriend. Not any more.
After the Thankgiving booting Ol' husband left a long tearful message on my cell phone. (how can thou beseach me) I didnt return the phone call.
But husband got me at work this week. Told me he was coming friday.
So this morning I awoke at 5:30 am to a blast of creole coming from the living room. It was boyfriend and husband yelling at each other. I lay there with a pillow over my head. Maybe they will stop. They don't. The yelling continues I keep waiting for them to start pushing each other. I think I hear a scuffle so I get up and and scream at them 'get in her Boyfriend, go away husband or I am going to call 911'. Boyfriend says I'll take care of this. So I lie down and put the pillow over my head.
They continue screaming at each other only to both occasionally stop periodically to tell me to call 911 on the other. When I finally get up boyfriend throws the phone against the wall breaking it into pieces.

I realize screaming and threatening myself is not going to do anything. So I put myself in a personally crafted police officer responding to a domestic violence call mode. Only two hours later am I able to get boyfriend to go to bed and husband to leave. Husband agrees that he will come back and get his stuff tommorrow and leave his key. He didn't.
Life in Brooklyn is so stressful sometimes.

1 comment:

Noel Hefele said...

but shit! now your secret is out!