What does that mean? I remember that word from the English department at BU. I think it was the name of a class that I never took. Or a class that I took and never bought the books for so I might as well have never taken it.
Well earlier this evening I was walking out of the Parkside Q train stop pushing Felix in the big boy stroller that he is still not big enough for because it tweaks his neck. About a dozen people were standing surrounding a 3 year old boy. Some one yelled 'do you belong to anyone!'. He just stared blankly. Some one else yelled 'where's your mother!'. Again blankly. Some one else yelled 'get an officer!'. Felix and I just sat and watched everyone start buzzing about the child that did not belong to anyone. Some one else yells 'someone needs to lock his mother up'. An woman officer walks up to the little boy and then walks around the corner with him.
My brother calls me and asks what is the crisis of modernity.
So I tell him.
Sunday, July 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I found these in my email! I think you wrote them
Coffee
O! heavenly black as night.
And sinfully sinfilled full.
Step closer and your essence encircles me.
Grabs hold of my senses.
You reach the darkest yet crystal sharp part of me.
Different masks depending on my moods, you come in.
Sometimes strong and secure, sometimes light and sweet.
How long has this love affair been going on?
How long will this love affair last.
Till my dying day because it is as solid as a skyscraper and vital as a sunrise.
I know you share yourself with millions.
But I don't mind as long as you leave enough for me.
Having
Once upon a congested cement side-walk
The sun was as high in the sky-
Buildings moaned under-
As she possibibly could be.
Though she never seemed closer and more threatening.
My mouth bleated and cried and tasted like chalk.
Post a Comment