There have been a few times in my life when I really saw the thin thread that separate sanity and madness. The first time I believe was in tenth grade when I did a term paper on schizophrenia. It was over half a semester that I spent reading account after account, book after book. And I remember walking up the stairs, letting out a long hearty maniacal laugh and thinking 'hey I could just loose it, and people will have to take care of me and I could rest.' Resting is good. That is why people get admitted. Admittance.
When I was in college and taking those small square tabs under my toungue is a little too often, I felt my tenuous grasp of self slipping away. But luckily I stopped that.
A couple years ago I admitted a good friend of mine. And a year later my best friend was admitted though not by me by her mother.
This all made me think 'wow It can happen to me.'
Well it did.... I am writing to you from St Vincents Psychiatric Unit. I am not sure exactly what happened. I have been admitted. By who? More later.
Wednesday, July 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How are we going to tell Ian?!
Post a Comment