Monday, July 10, 2006

Last Week

Ok I am out. It was a mistake. Everyday I mistakes.

Last week Felix and I went to the eyedoctor in a rain storm. Rain was coming down in great big drooling, dripping chunks. Our appointment was at 8:00 but when we got there I found out that they had no referral. Felix pooped. I had to feed him. I had to go get the referral in another building. Felix pooped again. He wanted to stand. He wanted to sit. He wanted to look over my back shoulder. then Felix pooped again. After two hours they dilated his eyes. The basement of the hospital started to flood. The TV said the subways were flooding. I fed Felix. Felix spit up. The doctor looked at his eyes. He said "you do good work'. I look that!. Like he is a sculpture or sweater I just knitted.
Well his eyes were perfect. In case anybody does not know from reading this. He was born thirteen weeks early and spent seven weeks on the ventilator. Such extreme exposure to oxygen often has detrimental affects on eyesight. His eyes are perfect just like everything else about him. How lucky can we get.

No comments: