Welcome to June-uary. That not June- uary in the picture. That is January. I will talk about the weather because everyone else is. Though now at 11:00 at night I am told we are in for a drop. Today I walked around Park Slope for most of the day and heard snatches of conversation. Most of those snatches were about the weather. Today, January 6 people were walking around in flip flops an tank tops. I even heard a heard a woman say to another, 'dammit I just blew out my flip flops'; What does that mean? I am assuming that that the straps broke. Isn't that a line in 'Wasting away in Margarittaville'? After that snatch I could not get margarita's out of my mind for a block and a half. Though my last margarita experience was less than perfect. I ordered a pitcher at Burrito Bar and felt dissatisfied with the amount of Tequila. None at all it seemed.
Well, I went to go buy a plant (one of the only things I knocked off my list) near the clock tower and the place had its bare winter supply. I bought a Christmas Cactus. Because its winter and that was about all that was there.
By the way that big clock tower is being changed in 'baller condos'. That what the guy behind me said when I was crossing the street to the barren Garden Center.
I have lost my concentration.
Has anyone seen the commercials on TV claiming that 'smoking is eating you alive'. Damn I wish those commercials were on TV when I was growing up. It would have saved me a lot of money.
1 comment:
It's January now! Damn.
Post a Comment