Friday, November 03, 2006

My life story.

Today I waited all day for a sixteen year old girl to come to my job so that I could bring her to a new home. This is a girl who has been pulled from her mothers care and entered foster care four times with in the last nine year and she is fed up. She tells me later that she does even care about going back to her mother any more because her mother will just find some other man and she will end up back in foster care. She also told me that she is writing her life story and she is almost done with second chapter. Wow! I told her to keep writing. This little girl has experienced so much that my life is a novel seems like a false notion.
I have been reading the books by Augusten Burroughs. He has written a few memoir style novels. They are of such outlandish bizzare quality people start to wonder how true they are. Especially now that one of his novels is a hollywood movie. The first text says 'Based on a true story' But then my question is aren't we alllowed to report our lifes story how, when and which way we want? I is our story. We own it. We should be be able to to report it how we want as ong as it is our story. Any event that happens to us is often different in the telling. It is a natural tendancy. But what about that dude who had to apologize to Oprah? NO idea what his name is. How is this related?

No comments: