Sunday, May 08, 2005

Noice

Yesterday I went to Union Square in Manhattan in an effort to look at some sofas in a furniture store, and run in to some chaos. Whole portions of the streets were blocked and men in hard hats were tearing up the concrete with large powerful drills. Yellow cranes were stretching above these men scooping up shards of concrete and droping the shards into towering piles. Trucks, buses, cabs and SUVs were honking and seething. As if the cranes and men were going to clear away the piles just so the vehicles could get past. Meanwhile pedestrians with pained looks on there faces were trying to cross the streets and meneuver each other on the too small side walks. The noice and stress was so much I had to take refuge in a movie theater to get away. I saw a very good movie called 'Crash'.

On my way back to Brooklyn I was thinking about the reasons why Brooklyn is better. Well the noice and chaos is definitly less but also in Union Square I was noticing that the rich people are just so rich and beautiful and the poor people are so decrepid and ugly. In Brooklyn people seem to travel more of a middle road.

5 comments:

Noel Hefele said...

Jess~! it's sunday. call me I am home all day. I am looking for my phone card...

Noel Hefele said...

boring! I'm bored! Link to my portfolio page!

Noel Hefele said...

hey you should write about your "situation!"

Ian Hefele said...

YOU should write in general. You may be tired but sit down at your PC and Type

Noel Hefele said...

hey jess- how do I send IM's to you on your phone? SMS or smi or something?