I love crazy kids. The crazier the better. This morning I met crazy little Lucy at the Brooklyn Kiddie State Hospital. She was transported by ambulance, from a hospital in Long Island, strapped to a guerney.
I never knew this hospital existed. I had gone down Ralph and turned right on Bergan so many times, on my way to the Kingsbourough projects. But never have I turned left and looked beyond the large mental gates.
Today I walked beyond those metal gates and saw a lovely campus with a pool and an excercise room. Life seems so pleasant there, in the middle of Bed Sty, surrounded by government housing, fast food and funeral homes, sits a pleasant spot for minority children with diagnoses and drug regeimes (sp?) in which all you sheltered white suburbanites can not fathom.
Thursday, May 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment