Well I am back in Brooklyn. After visit my old friend Danielle in Seatle. Ralph came along.
We got a taste of the local everyday neighborhood life and a taste of the vast untouched wilderness and the lonely stretches of primative beaches.
And it all was thought provoking. After four years of living in Brooklyn how differ the city out there are. What I mean is the environmental conciousness, (sp?) the conservation. Living concously, (sp) not consuming. New Yorkers just dont give a fuck. They are too busy surviving. NYC had a recycling program but it was cut for budget reasons. It may have been reinstated but I dont know.
Even the street garbage cans have recycling bins in the North west.
After hearing that NYC has no recycling program Danielle fell into a blubbering fit of 'thats disgusting, that pathetic.' and I found myself defending New York telling her that recycling does not make sense.
But latter on when we were walking down a gorgeous strip of untouch coast line Ralph tossed his can of Fosters in it the waves. I burst out crying and swearing at him. I waded knee deep to get the can and made him swear on his life to never ever do that again.
Go figure.
Wednesday, February 09, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
http://www.kcrw.com/cgi-bin/db/kcrw.pl
go there and look for a "This american Life" on garbage or something like that.,... maybe recycling! it's good! about the "Truths of recycling!" Ira glass will set your jaded New York Ass straight!
Post a Comment